Thursday, October 4, 2007

Romania

We arrived in Romania around 9:00 PM, had a late dinner, and got a reasonably early night. This morning we laid the foundation teaching in the main square, and did an open air at the local university. It was wonderful. A crowd of 100-150 people gathered around and listened to EZ and my preaching, while Mark once again stood there wearing the straight jacket. We even had a couple of good hecklers, which brought some life to it. We broke for lunch, dropped wallets and filmed people picking them up, and then lying to us about taking it. I always let them keep the wallet, because it not only contained some money, it also had tracts inside.

We did some one-to-one interviews, and came back to our hotel, where we did the final filming for the Fourth Season. I looked at the camera and with great enthusiasm, said, “Thirteen countries in thirteen days! They said we couldn’t do it! But we did it, didn’t we guys?!” The camera panned to show the team lying all over the floor, with messed up hair, etc. Duane answered, “Yeah Ray. Good idea.” The rest of the team mumble, “Yeah…right.” I shrugged my shoulders and said, “Well I feel good,” and walked out wearing a backpack as though I was going on another trip. The irony was, the rest of the team was feeling good, and I was sick. I caught a head cold and I feel pretty bad. The consolation was that it hit me on the last day.

I had a concern before we left that I didn’t share with anyone. They say that if you want to get to know someone, travel with them. Many a friendship has been ruined by traveling together. We have been together under the stress and strain of visiting thirteen countries in thirteen days. I was concerned that it would put a strain on friendships. But the opposite has happened. The trip has done nothing but strengthen friendships.

We have had a lot of pressure but thanks to all the hard planning work of Trish and Val we have been on time for every train. Each hotel has been an oasis. In every country there were Christian brothers and sisters who met us, transported us and did nothing but encourage us with their kindness. To each one I am very grateful. I also am grateful to Kirk for letting me run after this crazy idea (he’s nowhere near as crazy as I am and it did take a while to persuade him it would work). He will top and tail each show. I am appreciative of the teams (EZ and his, and Todd with his), to their wives and family, and to those of you who upheld us in prayer. Also, I would like to give a very special thank you to our dear friend Dan Arnold who helped to make this trip possible. But most of all I want thank God for making this trip a reality, and for trusting us with the everlasting Gospel. May His name be glorified, His Kingdom be extended and may He use this series to cause Christians around the world to reach out to the lost while there is still time.

12 comments:

fisherwoman said...

This has been such a tremendous blessing to pray with all of you and be able to see and hear the Gospel preached. How exciting to see European brothers and sisters who love the Lord and His children. Oh may the LORD be glorified and His Son exalted!!! We love you all!! Can't wait to hear more stories. May Father give you rest and safe travel home. God bless you and your families!

fisherwoman said...

I was hoping my missionary friend in Bistrita, Romania could meet you guys, I don't know how far away that is (n. central) We evangelised in the gypsy villages as well.(http://www.heartsoffaith.org/ )

Hoping some kind of contact base for Europe can come out of this for seed sowers interested in helping out in Europe in the future?

Dr. Michael said...

Glad that you guys were able to make that crazy, wonderful trip! I've been praying for you daily. May the Lord protect you as you return home to your loved ones. (Prayed for them too!)

AndyB said...

Praise the Lord! Well done for 'pushing through the wall'! Can't wait to watch the season! Having been deeply affected by the ministry, I have kept you in my prayers, and pray that the Lord will bless your witness, ministry and families. You're an inspiration!
Andy
revivalmedia.org
epray.co.uk

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CHANGE Collegian Network said...

This blog has been great. You should keep up a blog for your regular work life - if you can call it that.

Justin Grice
CCN Leader at WCU

Anonymous said...

Soooooo awesome!!! Can't wait to purchase the 4th season on DVD!

Spence Ohana said...

So awesome! Prayed for you guys daily - hope you make it home safe!

Hey do I have to buy this season on DVD or can Mark get a free one for me!? ;-)

Mark's sis in-law, Melissa

mihaela said...

"Everybody can be great because everybody can serve ... You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love. And you can be that servant." Martin Luther King Jr.
thank you for your dedication.
Mihaela, Romania
Ps
can you imagine a world without Romania?
I doubt. :) check this out...for more info about Romania.
you'll love it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSoruzRkj7g

Rachel said...

Praise God for this whole trip! This blog has been wonderful. I hope to one day buy these tv series. Unfortunately I don't get your show on tv, since I don't have cable or satellite.

God bless y'all in every way!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Former Follier said...

I'm curious, will seasons three and four be airing on Trinity Broadcasting Network?

Anonymous said...

Those are nice pics