Monday, September 24, 2007

Luxemburg (by Ray)

I have to admit that I didn't know much about Luxemburg until today. It is said to be the richest country in the world, per capita. We were going there to find how rich they were spiritually. We arrived last evening, had an Italian meal and then a very pleasant walk through the city, looking for shooting locations for the next morning. Thankfully we got an early night, but I woke after half and hour, and for some reason lay awake until 3:00 AM. I got up around 7:00 AM, put my much-needed sunglasses on and went down for breakfast. Almost the whole crew had had a horrible night, which was very consoling. We spent most of breakfast laughing about it, but it wasn't funny in the early hours of the morning. I need to have a fresh mind and at least look reasonable on camera. Around 9:30 AM we began filming an anecdote about two men in jail. The location was in a quant and quiet cobblestone ally. The trouble was we had to stop shooting for about 30 cars, an ambulance and around 50 people who walked through while we were filming. We then split into two crews, and I, Mark Spence, EZ, and Trish got ten witnessing interviews with locals. We then preached open air in the town square, and jumped onto a train to Amsterdam. I said yesterday that there would be a huge market for deodorant on trains. I'm now not sure about the issue after Duane (our director) sat next to a gentleman who reached a new odor height. Poor Duane had his face against the train window, trying to get relief, but when he saw Chris (one of the cameramen) sitting opposite him with his head turned to one side, trying to breathe with his mouth twisted half way around his head, he got the giggles. He had to move, and felt nauseated for some time. I was very pleased to get a witnessing clip of a university student who was an atheist. Todd Friel was still filming in England while we were across the channel, and the interview will dovetail perfectly with his teaching on why so many of today's youth are brainwashed into the philosophy of "My truth is my truth and yours in yours."

4 comments:

brandt dary said...

Hey, after a long day at work, I was sitting on the train today and I wondered why the guy next to me was laughing so hard... I think that was Duane. j/k :P

~ brandt

The Way of the Master said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I got the giggles just thinking of Duane and Chris trying to hold their breath. :D

I've been praying for all of you on this trip. God bless you all!

I cannot wait to see the sweet footage from this Europe trip.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.